iCon : Steve Jobs book Pulled from Apple Stores

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by GimmeSlack12, Apr 29, 2005.

1. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

Apr 29, 2005
    San Francisco
    So whats the deal with this book? I have read on several sites of the dramatic decision to pull the book off shelves. But no one is saying why? Of course this would mean they don't know, but any speculation from you guys? I know Steve has had some shaky biographical details in his past, but nothing as of late that I've heard.
  2. 1macker1 macrumors 65816

Oct 9, 2003
    A Higher Level
    He(Steve) prolly didnt get a big enough cut.
  3. JeDiBoYTJ macrumors 6502a

Jun 22, 2004
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    it had something to do with secrets of apple... basically stuff jobs doesnt want the general public to know about I guess.

PS: is it still possible to buy the book? All this publicity has gotten me interested about this book, lol
  4. Evangelion macrumors 68040

Jan 10, 2005
    Actually, they didn't just pull that particular book from the stores, they pulled ALL books by that publisher from the stores.
  5. barneygumble macrumors 6502a

Apr 18, 2005
    so does the title mean i"Con" or "iCon" if it was the former i can understand why it was pulled i would not want to be called a con :eek:
  6. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

Apr 10, 2003
    The "Garden" state

But not until May 27th....
    All this will do is generate general interest...I can't wait to get to work today and see if we have any on order yet...I am sure macheads in the metrowest boston area will have to go somewhere for the book now that the chestnut hill apple store won't have it ;)