iCon Steve Jobs... good book?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Peyton, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Peyton macrumors 68000

Peyton

Hey everyone I was interested in this book last summer when it came out, I heard steve didn't exactly like it but did anyone else read it? thoughts?

2. Seasought macrumors 65816

Seasought

I've considered picking up a couple of books of this nature. I keep hoping that Jobs will eventually write/release his own. I suppose I shouldn't hold my breath. :D

3. BWhaler macrumors 68020

BWhaler

Terrible. Probably the worst. There are much better books on the market.

4. Little King macrumors member

I felt that The Second Coming Of Steve Jobs by Alan Deutschman is a better book to read. But that's just my opinion.

5. mfacey macrumors 65816

mfacey

What makes you say that? I'm about half way through it and found it to be quite interesting. The author is quite decent and the book reads very smoothly.

I'd say go ahead and buy it. I got it as a gift and am finding it quite a good read! :D

6. iGary Guest

iGary

7. XIII macrumors 68040

XIII

I like it because its a bit more modern than some of the others..

8. mfacey macrumors 65816

mfacey

9. AppleMatt macrumors 68000

AppleMatt

Many Mac sites and people have been quite critical of it. Why not google 'iCon + review + Mac' or something.

AppleMatt

10. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

I liked it. The more Apple books you read, the more points of view you get and maybe something closer to reality.

11. drumpat01 macrumors 6502

drumpat01

I've been interested in picking up a copy of that too. I remeber Steve didn't like it much. I too would love to see Steve one day write a autobiography or something. You know that would be the NY Times #1 best seller for weeks. I bet you'll see him write one when he is very old and retired. Which I hope isn't for a very very very very long time. I mean look what happened with out him the first time, when he is gone, who will take over? Maybe me:) Of course I bet Steve will work at Apple until the day he dies.

12. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

I don't think Jobs will ever write his autobiography but if he does, he must call it Reality Distortion Field.