icons and pictures in mac os system?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by naveen, Feb 14, 2005.

1. naveen macrumors member

Oct 27, 2004
    Hi all
    I want to know where in mac system icons are kept. i want to copy some of system icons like hard disk image and file ,folders icons.

location of the mac icons and pictures?

Plz if anybody know give solutions to this problem.

Thanks and Regards
  2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    your best bet if you ask me would be to head over to www.iconfactory.com and download Candybar, which is an application that will allow you to change the system icons and much more while at the same time preserving the originals for you, so you can revert back at anytime
  3. sinisterdesign macrumors 6502

Dec 10, 2003

there are some good icon creation programs out there, too. i can't think of the names of them right now, but i'm pretty sure they're linked off iconfactory's site.
  4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    there are quite a few linked off of iconfactory's site, and another good resource now that i think about it is www.interfacelift.com They have one of the largest and best collections of icons for OS X imo and they have plenty of links to other useful sites as well, there is not a plug-in for photoshop that allows you to create and edit icons
  5. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mar 10, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    If you want to copy a folder or applications icon you mark the item, choose File->Get Info (cmd-I), and in the <item> Info window there is also an image, which you can mark (click on it) and copy (Edit->Copy or cmd-C). Then you can paste this image into another item's Info window, or wherever images can be pasted (Edit->Paste or cmd-V).

There are, as already mentioned, third party software which does much of this for you...