Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Josh396

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 16, 2004
Peoria/Chicago, IL
I was wondering if anyone knew how to make a short clip that I downloaded as my icon in either iChat or Adium? Thanks for any help.

Josh396

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 16, 2004
Peoria/Chicago, IL
mkrishnan said:
So, erm, help a brotha' out here...what format is the clip in?

Actually the clip I would like to use is a GIF file that opens in Preview and it is broken up into 16 individual frames. But I also I short clips mpg from my digital camera that I would like to switch to once in a while. Thanks again for any help.

FightTheFuture

macrumors 68000
Oct 19, 2003
that town east of ann arbor
Josh396 said:
Just wondering, but do you know what the name of the plug-in is and do you know how much it costs?
its liveicon for $10. as far as i know - only other people with the plugin with ichat can see your icon. and you can see the icons of AIM users. but, if someone doesn't have the plugin - they dont see yours animated. its pushing it for $10 - just to see a smiley rotate in 3d.

in tiger they are doing the 3 way a/v chat. and supposedly doing profiles. people are also hoping they'll do animated icons as well. i'm hoping so. it may be worth it to just wait.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.