Icons on Menu Bar

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by DaBuzz, May 13, 2004.

1. DaBuzz macrumors member

DaBuzz

I remember reading (I think it was Macworld but I can't be sure and I don't want to comb through all those back issues) that OS X has a set of toolbar icons (the ones that normally appear on the top right) that you can add manually by dragging them from the folder where they are to the menu bar. Does anyone know where these are located?

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

They are in the /Library or /System/Library and you just double click on them, however anything you system supports can be activated from the app or their Preference Pane.

TEG

3. HexMonkey Administrator

HexMonkey

Staff Member

Specifically, they are in /System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras. Double click them to put them on the menubar, and command-drag them off the menubar to remove them.

There are, however, a few menus that you can have that aren't in this folder. For example, the scripts menu, which you can put in the menubar by opening /Applications/AppleScript/Install Script Menu.

4. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

an easy way to locate them (some applications will include them) is to do a Find File for items that end in ".menu".

For instance, if you have Stuffit Deluxe, you will find
    MagicMenu.menu

paul