Icons screwed up

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by bobindashadows, Dec 29, 2003.

1. bobindashadows macrumors 6502

Hopefully that vague topic snagged you. Anyway, check this picture out. has anyone else had this?

Erm... 10.3.2. Look at the text. It's all screwed up.

Attached Files:

2. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

Erm.... I can't make heads or tales of this post.

3. bobindashadows thread starter macrumors 6502

The text is all screwed up, can't you tell? The text is screwed up, not icon. sorry.

4. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

No, it's just that before you had all this text about it being on a Dell and X86. :confused:

5. titaniumducky macrumors 6502a

titaniumducky

Repair Permissions then use your hardware test CD - run the extended test.

Check if this happens on other accounts. Does this happen on all text or just icons on the desktop? What kind of Mac do you have? From the picture, I can assume your running Panther.

If Hardware Test comes up with a fail, all your accounts do this, and/or it happens with all text, call Apple or visit a local Apple Store.

Also, check http://discussions.info.apple.com; someone else may have gone through this.

6. Makosuke macrumors 603

Nah, that seems to happen periodically on all the systems I have running 10.3. There are no ill affects, and it'll usually go away if you select the icons or drag the selection rectangle over them. Annoying glitch, maybe, but it's pretty minor.

More annoying is the actual screwed up icon glitch; after running 10.3 for about a week, I'll start to see glitched up application icons, and I'm not alone. Again, no actual side affects, though, just annoying.

7. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

I've been getting this quite a bit in Panther as well. The only fix I found is to select it and then click off on the desktop somewhere. It's just a silly little bug that should be ironed out in an upcoming point release.