Icons?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by EvilDoc, Aug 8, 2005.

1. EvilDoc macrumors 6502a

EvilDoc

Ok this question has to do with candybar (yes i searched but i didnt find and answer ) i have read somewhere that you and just click on a file ( like firefox ) and get info and drap a new icon in to the preview field to change an icon but iam not having and luck when i tried that it switched it self back for some reason... good any one give me some tips on maybe candybar or what iam doing wrong??

2. Benjamin macrumors 6502a

Benjamin

the finder changing of icons has nothing to do with candy bar. candy bar is replacement to changing icons manually in the finder.

The finder way you would get the info of one item, highlight the icon, copy it to the clipboard. To paste you just do almost the reverse and get the info of another item, highlight the icon and then paste it. Most icons can be changed like this. Since most applications and or folders/documents already have defaulted icons associated with the item, to get the original icon back you just highlight the icon in get info and press delete which will default the shown icon to the icns instead of the custom hidden icon file.

Further candy bar will allow for custom default icons for much of the system, its a nice tool to have around for changing those icons since many of the icons are scattered throughout the system folders. Personally I have not used candy bar so not entirely sure of its limitations but thats the gist of what I know about it.

Hope I read your question right and answered it.

3. EvilDoc thread starter macrumors 6502a

EvilDoc