Icons.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Caris, Jan 14, 2007.

1. Caris macrumors 6502a

Caris

How do i change my desktop icons? I've noticed a few people on this forum have Macbooks instead of the hard drive icon and such.

Do i need a program and where do i find the icons?

Thanks.

2. NJuul macrumors 6502

you can change icons on files and folders by clicking "get info", and then copy/pasting a new icon into the... well, icon.
    To change your icons system-wide, I'd recommend you to use Candybar. It's really easy to use, and you can change all of your icons, including eg. the trash icon.

For custom icons, this guy makes some really cool ones.

3. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Awesome link NJuul.

OP...check out interfacelift and Iconfactory if you haven't already heard of them.

I will second the recommendation for Candybar....it makes everything simple and it will revert back to originals if you ever want/need to do that.

4. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

Ok so once you've downloaded the proper icon that you want to change something to, find it, Right or Ctrl click it and select copy.

Then

Right or ctrl click whatever application it is that you want to change, select Get Info. Select or highlight the icon in the upper left hand corner so it is glowing (kinda). then go to edit at the top of the screen, and paste. It should be changed. :cool: