ICS between Xbox 360 and a Powerbook G4

Discussion in 'Games' started by Mac Pwnz You, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Mac Pwnz You macrumors newbie

I am on vacation, and I'm trying to connect to Xbox Live. I have an account, and I use Live a lot at home, but where I am staying, I do not have a proper modem/router connection.

I am staying at an apartment that has free WiFi. My Powerbook can connect to the WiFi signal just fine, but I want to get my Xbox 360 online without having to pay $100 for a Wireless Adapter.

I was wondering is I could recieve the WiFi signal from my Powerbook, connect my Xbox to my Powerbook, and access Xbox Live. Is there a Mac version of Windows ICS? Is what I am trying even possible?

I called Xbox Customer Support, and they said that it wasn't working becuase I was on a Mac...

2. Mac Pwnz You thread starter macrumors newbie

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=164617 POST 17 is your friend

Connect the ethernet to your mac.

Open system preferences

Open networking and under

Airport leave setting as DHCP.

However under

ethernet settings MANUALLY assign an ip address to your mac

IP: 10.0.1.20
    Subnet: 255.255.255.0

Click Apply and exit.

Go back into system preferences and under 'SHARING'

Under services tab

tick personal file sharing and windows sharing. In 10.4.xxxx under windows sharing you have to click START as well.

Then under internet tab

You will see the sharing internet options.

Choose share internet from 'Airport'

And tick share to computers using 'Ethernet'

Click Apply....

Then try your xbox by letting it auto config. If it doesnt work you will need to assign it an IP address...

Good Luck...

4. Mac Pwnz You thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for all the help man. Everything you told me worked perfectly until I got to the DNS part. Appearently the gateway/router that the apartment is using to broadcast the signal is not "Xbox Compatible." So my xbox can't get the MAC address of my Powerbook, and therefore it cannot access the internet.

Thanks anyway for the help :)