ICS Help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DJcrazymonkey, Dec 7, 2004.

1. DJcrazymonkey macrumors newbie

Apr 29, 2004
    My iBook has an Airport card which it uses to connect to a neighbours network and recieve internet. I want to connect the iBook to my PC running windows xp via a crossover cable so that the PC can receive the internet. I have enabled sharing on the mac, and the pc can connect to share music, files etc, but the internet isnt going through. I think it may be a problem with the iBook's ethernet settings. The neighbours router is set at and it has assigned my airport the address My ethernet is set at manual, IP, subdomain at and router at The PC isnt recieveing DHCP info, but works for normal network when set manually. Any ideas? PS. Internet sharing IS on.
  2. emw macrumors G4

Aug 2, 2004
    First, I am assuming that you have Internet Sharing designated as in the image below (only your button should say "Stop").

If so, I don't think it really matters what your Ethernet TCP/IP settings are - they should be overrided by the internet sharing. Your PC should be set up as DHCP, I believe, to get an address from your Mac.

Attached Files:

3. DJcrazymonkey thread starter macrumors newbie

Apr 29, 2004
    It looks like that a bit...

except it says 'Sharing your Airport connection' 'You are connected to the internet over airport. This connection will be shared with computers connected to built in ethernet.' Im running 10.2.8 by the way. The PC isn't recieving any DHCP info though. It's using a crossover cable.