iCurve or Elevator

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by notwist, Mar 11, 2007.

1. notwist macrumors regular

I know that the iCurve was discontinued, but doesnt anyone know of anywhere besides eBay that sells them brand new? If not, where's the best place to get the Elevator? I checked my local CompUSA hoping to find either but came up with nothing.

2. suneohair macrumors 68020

suneohair

3. notwist thread starter macrumors regular

Wow thanks! Finally got tired of looking for an iCurve.

4. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

My wife has an iCurve- we loved it until I got my Kensington 60148 USB 2.0 Universal Laptop Docking Station. Amazon is where I got mine. Combines the best of a laptop stand with a simple docking station. I like the fact that I don't have two keyboards showing on my desktop, it is adjustable height wise as well as swivels easily, has a powered USB hub build into the back, and a document clip! Of course it is considerable more expensive, but I had to buy a usb hub had I not purchased it so not too much more.

Now my wife wishes she had one instead of an iCurve- and i have to say now that I see hers and all the cables and usb hub exposed under it I know why.

Attached Files:

5. macnvrbck macrumors regular

Doesn't that impede airflow with the keyboad cover? What is the keyboad cover made of?

I own a iCurve for my 12' Powerbook at home but have recently brought it to work to lift my 15' Compaq/HP nc8230 laptop WITH docking station. With the dock it's quite big and heavy and the poor little iCurve can barely hold it.

Does anyone have the dimensions of the top of the new Griffen Elevator? I want to see if it would have a better chance of holding this latop+dock.

(Inner width dimension, outer width dimension, and lenth of platform.)

Brian

6. Cloudgazer macrumors 6502

Cloudgazer

I just got the Elevator and its stunning (I can see why Griffin changed from the iCurve - especially when it comes to packaging)

But I still like the curved all perspex design of the iCurve, and would have taken it over the elevator if it were still available.

7. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

No, actually there is awesome airflow around the entire computer. there is a one inch clearance on top and below the computer the way it is nested in there. It is made out of plastic, but looks very much like metal (especially when I dust it off!)

8. cubbie5150 macrumors 6502a

I bought & slightly "modified" an iLap (made by rainDesign, I think...). I cut off the padding, and use the 4 poly feet that came w/ it--2 on the top (near the front edge) to act as "stoppers" (up against the front of my MBP--they are thin enough that the one on the righ side doesn't interfere w/ the SuperDrive slot); the other 2 feet I placed on the bottom of the back hinged brace (for traction).

9. cmccarten macrumors member

Inner width between forks: 6 5/8"
    Outer width: 9 3/4"
    Length of forks: 10"
    Height @ back: 6"
    Height @ front: 4 1/2"

hope that helps.