iCurve

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by falcon1, Oct 30, 2006.

1. falcon1 macrumors regular

falcon1

I want a iCurve for my Dell laptop to turn it into a desktop. Will the iCurve support a Dell laptop? Look in the windows step up picture thread to see a picture of it.

2. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

the icurve is a generic product made to support laptops, and not specifically restricted to apple laptops. how much does your dell weigh? a picture of it can't tell us that. you should contact griffin directly to see the maximum weight the icurve will hold if your laptop is on the heavy side...

3. falcon1 thread starter macrumors regular

falcon1

I think mine weighes about 5 to 8 pounds.

EDIT: I just checked the website and it says that it supports windows but doesn't really put the weight on the site. I was hoping that I could get a wired Apple keyboard but the website doesn't say that it supports anything else but Mac so......

4. orangezorki macrumors 6502a

The Apple keyboard definitely supports windows, and the bootcamp drivers might even make the extra buttons work (but I'm not sure.). The only issue is that the windows(apple) key and the alt key are switched in position.

David

5. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

Yes it does support Dells. Even my new 9lb (and definitely feels like it) XPS which is, as I type, temporarily sitting where the MBP normally sits.

The difference between Dells and Apples is that you can open the notebook much wider on the Dells to get a more comfortable position on a desk using heavily slanted stands. The iCurve caters for the peculiarities (and the functional inferiorities) of Apple hardware and isn't necessarily the best choice for a Dell.

The PORT Ergo Station 4 ( http://www.trustedreviews.com/article.aspx?art=3614 ) is what I've bought to sit the XPS on. The ability to heavily slant the stand (and the ability of most Dells to open right up) provides you with more desk space and a more comfortable monitor position.

You should be able to find the PORT stand on Expansys.

6. falcon1 thread starter macrumors regular

falcon1

So is there any special software I need for the keyboard to work or is it just a plug and go type thing? Also is it USB?

7. orangezorki macrumors 6502a

It's just plug and go - all I was saying is that you might want to try the bootcamp keyboard driver to see if you can get the volume and eject buttons to work - everything else will instantly.

David

8. falcon1 thread starter macrumors regular

falcon1

Alright. I think i'll just do the iCurve and wired Apple keyboard and have a portable desktop system lol. Thanks for the info.

9. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

Have you seen the new iCurve that's rumored to come out? It's made of some type of metal and looks much more sturdy.

10. falcon1 thread starter macrumors regular

falcon1

Yeah i've seen them. I like the old ones better than the new rumored ones.