I'd like to see Bush admit this

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by iTwitch, Sep 10, 2006.

1. iTwitch macrumors 6502a

iTwitch

2. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

That'll happen the same time the Pope trades in his tall hat for a yarmulka.

3. beatsme macrumors 65816

beatsme

you gotta love Jay. He's probably the least corrupt politician this state has ever produced. 'Course, that's not saying a lot :D

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Just today Bush's boss Cheney was saying Iraq was the right thing to do even if they had no WMDs. Talk about spin. What do you expect from someone who never served and had 5 deferrals to avoid Nam. No wonder ET wants nothing to do with us.:eek:

5. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

It's just amazing to see how the current administration in DC is changing the reasons for the Iraq war. Maybe after 50 years later, the whole things will come out in open and everyone in the world will know how (deliberately) wrong their rationale for the war was (even though many people in the world are aware of it). It would be interesting to see the actual recorded conversations of the higher ups would be released in the future. This of course assumes data is not destroyed).

6. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

You mean like Bush's missing national guard time? How could we as a nation be so duped by these spinmasters. Is America that stupid? perhaps we are.

7. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

That is a dream.... First off we will never learn about this. Like for example in school The only history things we ever learned about was American Revolution and Marting Luther King Jr.

Never ever ever ever ever got to Cold war or Nam...

Maybe some news company like dateline will come out with a special... but I doubt it...

I wouldn't say we got duped I would say American's were put in a situation where if we expressed our political oppinion we were considered haters of freedom. Or haters of America. or Lovers of terror. And then the news... Oh man the news... Turn on one channel and you believe one thing and turn on another and its completely different... How is anyone supposed to make an educated decision about what is right and what is wrong when the news is more Biased then TNT or FX...

8. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

is this a step in the right direction?
    [​IMG]

9. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Our judgment was misled by the poor intel.

I'd like Bush to admit that making a well thought out plan (about Iraq) does not aid the terrorists. The US not having a plan helps the terrorists. It shows we are disorganized and ill-prepared to take on this monumental challenge. Executing a plan well spells out S U C C E S S.

"Oooo the terrorists will hide and wait if we set a timeline"

Good, then we'll have time to rebuild Iraq. Rebuild schools, rebuild hospitals, rebuild basic infrastructure. all while the US military trains soldiers, police officers, firemen, and others. So when the terrorists do pop out again, Iraq will be able to hold it's own.

For the record, who has developed a plan? I have only seen the Libertarian Party's plan. Can anyone find the Republican, or Democrat plan? I can't. :(

10. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Maybe a little more Harley

Attached Files:

11. DZ/015 macrumors 6502a

DZ/015

The world would be better off if oddballs like Rockefeller shut up. His disertation is absurd, at best.

12. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act. -- George Orwell

13. beatsme macrumors 65816

beatsme

you mean "dissertation," right? I don't think that word applies in this context.

14. DZ/015 macrumors 6502a

DZ/015

Ooops, my bad on the spelling. I do mean his dissertation. Still, he is off base. Leaving Sadam in power would be a mistake. The world is better off with him in prison, awaiting his fate.

15. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

The Republican plan is 'stay the course' the Democratic plan is to bitch about the first, I think.

From "The Democratic Plan to Protect and Restore our Leadership in the World:"

Vague and obsessed with the Bush Administration. Damnit.

16. maxterpiece macrumors 6502a

maxterpiece

The world? America? I disagree.

The only place that might actually end up being better off is Iraq. But the only precedent we have here for a country invading a country and trying to force democracy on that country is vietnam. The US did not have the wearwithal to try to put down guerrilla insurgency. Our people did not have the patience. We are even shorter on patience now. Back then there was a draft - there hasn't been a draft hereyet. Bush can't keep extending soldiers' tours forever. Even if he does, there aren't enough troops there now. THe place is in chaos.

Unless Bush performs a diplomatic miracle here and manages to work around all the mounting contempt that most of the rest of 1st world countries are developing for him, this war is going to continue to be America's problem. There's no plan here to fix things. There's no sense of order. Even the decisions that the new Iraqi democracy has made have been extremist.

There are a lot of dangerous countries with strong religious extremist, anti-western movements that surround Iraq. These countries have a lot of money and power. They are going to be able to exert a very strong influence on an Iraq that is and will remain much less stable than it was under Saddam Hussein. Saddam Hussein was a bad man who did bad things to his people. We, unfortunately, are not and have never been in the position to go in there and oust him by force. The middle east is just too volatile.

I could go on if you need me to.

17. maxterpiece macrumors 6502a

maxterpiece

I agree that the democrats are being morons... completely impractical. The issue is not a deadline for withdrawal, the issue is making Iraq work well enough so that it isn't going to revert back to a dictatorship like Saddam Hussein, or even more likely, someone more extreme and anti-western.

I think in order for there to be stability there needs to be a multinational force in there - I think the symbolism of the United Nations, Europe, USA, all being committed to creating a stable Iraq is essential. It transforms this in the eyes of many (most importantly many Iraqis), into a force that is there to do good, and not jsut there to build another guantanamo in Iraq (I don't mean the army prison, I mean the army base that is off of CUBA as a result of the Spanish-American War in 1898).

I think that many Iraqis believe (I think rightfully), that we went in there because of $/oil, and because we wanted to buff up our military strength in an area rich in what is quickly becoming the most valuable of natural resources. A multinational force would have credibility. Something George Bush has none of in the INternational community, let alone in Iraq.

Europe is not gonna work with Bush or a Bush clone. Ever. He is an icon for this imperialist, cowboy attitude. Even if he turned into an angel I don't think people will ever lose that association. There's gotta be someone new in there who is willing to work with the rest of the world.

SO far, even though democrats have CONTINUED to be too spineless to look past the weekly polls and actually put forward a logical plan, at least they are aware of how valuable and how tarnished our international reputation has become, and of how difficult that has made it for our country. At least tehy aren't George Bush. I just wish they would redirect their energy from reminding us of that simple fact and into standing for something and setting out a brave and new vision.

18. Glen Quagmire macrumors 6502a

Are all those brave US (and other) soldiers who died fighting a phony war in Iraq better off?
    Are all the Iraqis who have died in the insurgency better off?
    Is the US's reputation in the world better off?
    Is the US's financial situation better off?

19. Queso macrumors G4

The sad thing is so many of us where saying this before the invasion, but all the haters were screaming at us for being "terrorists lovers".

I would so like to have been proved wrong this time.

20. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

No, but it sends an interesting message to the gay community. :D

21. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Thank you, the Neocons/Chickenhawks like Bush Cheney took us for a ride. Just like the chickenhawks did in Vietnam and how many years did it take before we figured that out. Meanwhile a guy named Bin Laden is doing his Allah thing in Pakistan. Its sad to see the worlds biggest coward Cheney still insisting Iraq was the right thing:rolleyes: over 2,500 dead, 400 billion$$$ later,100,000 Iraqi's dead how many insurgents did that create along with starting a civil war that can only end up with a more powerful Sunni state. Way to go George. You handled Iraq as well as you handled Katrina. Our presidents policys are a failure.

22. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

I'm not sure I understand why everyone who believes that the Iraq invasion was a bad idea still feels the need to qualify that conclusion with statements about how Saddam was such a bad guy. As if nobody knew. Somewhere on the average of 1,000 Iraqis die violently every month now. Objectively, in terms of its impact on the Iraqi people, how much worse was the Saddam regime? If Evil Saddam was the person responsible for brutalizing his countrymen for 20 years, then who is to blame for the carnage in Iraq today?

23. Black&Tan macrumors 6502a

Black&Tan

Saddam was a bad man. Okay. What gives the US the right to invade and occupy a foreign country because the leader doesn't measure up to our western standards?

Was he just an easy target? WMD holds no water anymore.

24. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

I'm gonna have to call you on this one. The intelligence was fine, it was just that the supporting bits were cherry-picked the non-supporting bits were ignored and/or retaliated against. (Plame)

If anything the failure of intelligence was in our leaders, not our spies.

25. Queso macrumors G4

No. You see the Neocons, just like everyone at the extreme ends of politics, have this insane belief that they are 100% right 100% of the time. Therefore they genuinely believed that the Iraqis would welcome them with open arms, American companies would profit from rebuilding the country for a few years, the oil would flow, and the new super-democratic Iraqi Government would grow in popularity and be a shining light for all the citizens of the Middle East. Anyone who disagreed with them just didn't really understand the issues, because it never entered their heads that they could be wrong.

That is what the USA has put into Government. Naive idealists who cannot foresee the correct consequences of their actions because they can't countenace that their decisions may not be the correct course. They have a fanatical belief that their actions are right.

The irony is they are so similar in this attitude to the mentality of the suicide bomber, the thing they say they despise more than anything else.