ID3 Tag Fixer

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MBMatt11, Jul 20, 2006.

1. MBMatt11 macrumors newbie

Aug 5, 2003
    In my ID3 tag I have the artist and track fields filled out, but my album field is blank. Is there a program that can automatically add the album to my id3 tags?
  2. MBMatt11 thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 5, 2003
    okay i found a program that does the trick. It is called fixtunes but it is for windows (thank god for bootcamp) and it costs money. However I may buy it. My only question is: is there away to make it so itunes does not organize buy album. Lets say I have 10 songs by a certain artist I want them to appear in alphabetical order, but once I put in the album info they will appear in alphabetical order for each album, not overall for the artist.
  3. balamw Moderator

Staff Member

Aug 16, 2005
    New England
    Click on the name column header and it should sort them by track name not album. Also, playlists (smart or not) can help you collect and sort your tracks.

4. MBMatt11 thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 5, 2003
    Sorry this is hard to explain. I have it sorted by artist. Before the album info is added, the songs would go by artist, and they would be in alphabetical order within each artist. However, once you add the album the songs will be in alphabetical order within that album, and then the albums will be in alphabetical order wihin the artist.
  5. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

Staff Member

Jan 20, 2005
    I understand what you're saying, but I'm not aware of a way to change the default secondary and tertiary ordering system of iTunes.

When you sort by artist, iTunes automatically uses album and then track number within the album as further sort filters. You'd like the secondary sorting filter to be the track name, and I don't know how to do that.