id3 tag

Discussion in 'iPod' started by mrbrownstone, Feb 1, 2006.

1. mrbrownstone macrumors newbie

Hi all. i've just switched from windows to mac, and am having problems with id3 tags in itunes. I used to use winamp, and sorted my mp3s in to artist > album > folders and song number in the actual filename - that way i could just navigate to the folder of an album i wanted to hear select all the tracks and enque them in winamp. Obviously iTunes doesnt work this way, and music is sorted by id3 tags. Most of my music is id3tagged, but some is not. Baisically is there an app that will write new id3 tags based on folder structure? All i would need from it is to write album artist (and track number if possible - contained in the mp3 file name. e.g "01 Metallica - Enter Sandman")

I have found a few windows apps that do this but none for mac. Any help would be greatly appreciated. cheers :)

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Sorry in advance for not being very helpful but I swear there was a script for this but I can't find it for the life of me. Sorry. :eek:

3. mrbrownstone thread starter macrumors newbie

Cheers mad jew. Found it on the site you linked to. For anyone else intersted the script is called "Tags Mirror Artist-Album-Filename" and can be found here I hvant actually used it yet. My mp3 folders aint quite as organized i first thought :confused: