ID3 Tags Questions

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Lurk, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Lurk macrumors member

Apr 2, 2004
    Garden Grove, California
    Hey, I've had a few questions for a while and I've finally gotten around to asking.

Are there software out there that can automatically fill in tags for track(s)? I'm referring to the Year, Album Artist, Grouping, Composer, and that kinda stuff.

I know I'm probably not going to do this, but I've been curious if there's also software out there that can fill in lyrics for each track automatically.

I remember my past experience with sharing a music library with media player. Having one music folder and trying to maintain the same library on both media player and iTunes. They kept conflicting with each other and screwing the other player up. For example, opening a track in media player and filling in tags ruins it for iTunes. And vice versa. Is there a way to share the same music files between both players and not have the tags screwed up? (For media center in the future)

What I mainly want here is something that can fill in ID3 tags for each and every track. (I'm on windows, btw)

2. milo macrumors 604

Sep 23, 2003

There are a ton of scripts with a million different features. I don't think there's one that does all of those automatically, but there are individual scripts for getting track names, lyrics, art, etc.

Check it out.