Idea - Ace Combat PS3

Discussion in 'Games' started by aholden12592, Jan 2, 2007.

1. aholden12592 macrumors regular

i was play ace combat 4 yesterday (haven't played it in a couple years) and i was thinking. Ace Combat has always had great graphics and exciting gameplay (even 4 looks great). I can't wait until this game comes out for the ps3 and i think it will be amazing. Just thinking out loud here.

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

How did the series go? I absolutely loved Air Combat (as it was called here) on the PS1. So much so me and my mate would just play for hours taking turns in missions, always failing the "protect the president" mission. Did they get better or worse?

3. aholden12592 thread starter macrumors regular

i've really only played 4 but i still like it. I got it about 4 or 5 years ago and it still looks great. there has been 2 more and a psp one after 4.

4. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

Good job on that mission! Are you sure it wasn't on purpose? ;)

5. aholden12592 thread starter macrumors regular

imagine all the possibilities that they can do on the ps3. The best part would be (besides the planes duhh) the smoke and explosions. I am actually paying attention to the story now in 4 and its pretty interesting and it makes me feel like i am fighting in an army even more than first person shooters

6. Silentwave macrumors 68000

Would be awesome :D

I started with 4 and still play it. Nowadays I mostly play 5, but I liked Zero enough. Graphics in zero and 5 were amazing even on my dying PS2, I'd love to see a new one as complex as 5 was on PS3. The story, wingman stuff, and length of Zero left me a bit disappointed compared to 5, which was beautifully long, had a nice story, and I liked having 3 wingmen.

I want to get a PS3 soon so I can play my AC games with something that works (my PS2 has a dying A/V socket and a dying disc drive)

7. aholden12592 thread starter macrumors regular

you think the ps3 would make AC games better (graphics wise)? not that they arent already good.

8. aholden12592 thread starter macrumors regular

so i just played the belkan war demo again on my ps2 and i have mixed thoughts. Graphics wise the only thing that has really improved are the explosions and smoke effects (and they look amazing). As far as the ground it is still bland and airplanes have a little more detail. Gameplay wise - it is waaay more arcadey than 04 and the whole thing that you go up against a squad that has a special ability makes it too unrealistic.