Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drumstr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2016
Control center would work very well if it was the same gesture as "search" by just swiping down on screen (anywhere except top portions). It would be so easy and for me I never use search. Even with reachability, control center is now 2 steps and not as comfortable swiping down on very low portion of screen first, then another reach on mid right side. I have always loved using one handed operation for control center since ios11 released. What does everyone think?

Surf Monkey

macrumors 603
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
Control center would work very well if it was the same gesture as "search" by just swiping down on screen (anywhere except top portions). It would be so easy and for me I never use search. Even with reachability, control center is now 2 steps and not as comfortable swiping down on very low portion of screen first, then another reach on mid right side. I have always loved using one handed operation for control center since ios11 released. What does everyone think?

You should give the search tab another try. Apple has really improved it recently. I’ve been working it into my useage pattern more and more.

flat five

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2007
newyorkcity
Control center would work very well if it was the same gesture as "search" by just swiping down on screen (anywhere except top portions).

nah.. that mid-screen downswipe gesture only works on home screen.. you can't do that while using an app..

so your idea is saying you can only access control center if you're not using an app.

no good (imo)

Reactions: Knightcastle
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.