1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Ideal Cover Flow Enhancements

Discussion in 'iPod' started by LiveForever, Dec 27, 2007.

1. macrumors 6502

Cover Flow is brilliant and has made me look at itunes and digital music in a whole new light. I am steadily adding all my cd's (there are 1000's of them) to my imac.

It seems to me that there are endless possibilities for enhancing cover flow rather than just the shuffle mode.

I'd like to see a feature where you could choose a few albums and play songs randomly from them (like the 'old' 5 deck cd players).

I know there are playlists but they are tedious to get together and I am over them. I love looking at the album art and playing right away.

What other cover flow features could be added and are there any tricks I should know about??

2. macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

I love Coverflow on my phone. On iTunes, I dig the fact that you can pretty much do anything in coverflow just with the keyboard. There's a set of keys that do a bunch of different actions, but I forget them all. Might be worth looking up.

One thing Coverflow could do in the future, is something taken out of the page of Kaleidascape, the DVD ripping & universal storage solution. Goi here and click on the "Experience" video in the upper righthand corner.
    http://www.kaleidascape.com/experience/

I'd like Coverflow to have a mode similar to the "photo wall" on iPhone and iPods. You could see a bunch of covers moving in a wall, and when you tap one, other covers belonging to similar albums will reshuffle to be next to the album who's information is now showing. You'll see in the video that they have a feature like this (I think they describe it). That's what I'd like to see Apple do... especially with Apple Tv.

~ CB