Ideas for iOS 7.1

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by moonman239, Sep 24, 2013.

1. macrumors 65816

Calendar
    I should be able to select the location of an event from my address book, from my list of bookmarks, or by typing in the name of the place and selecting the place from a list of places by that name.
    Notification Center
    I should be able to get the time it will take to get to my next appointment from my current location if I leave immediately. To save battery, my devices should not download that information too frequently. Also, it would be nice if I could receive an alert telling me there's a car crash on the freeway and I'd better leave immediately so I'm not late for my next appointment.

2. macrumors newbie

With iOS 7.1 supposedly coming around the time of the iPad announcements, I would like to see native weather and calculator apps for the iPad lineup. Weather in NC and calculator in CC. With bug fixes and Keychain sync between OSX 10.9 and iOS that would be pretty nice.

3. macrumors 6502

quick reply, faster animations, and better battery life than what is presented currently in iOS 7. I can think of other gimmicky features to add but these 3 are an absolute must.

4. macrumors member

- Quick reply for messages
    - Close all open apps button
    - Clear all notifications button

Why are these so hard for Apple to add? (I know the second one isn't as likely)

5. macrumors 6502a

scoop2mylue

quick reply for messages is all i am needing and i wont feel the need to jailbreak....maybe :D

6. macrumors 65816

CarlosQG

7. macrumors 601

Fingerprint and iCloud Keychain integration. I want it so that rather than automatically putting in my account info in Safari, it will only do so if I scan one of my authorised fingerprints.

Would also like iCloud Keychain extended to login to apps.

8. macrumors 68040

Badrottie

I am hoping 7.1 would bring some old features back from iOS 6 like Tweet/Facebook quick message from NC. :apple:

9. macrumors 68000

Defender2010

Well it obviously didn't, did it? Wait for 7.1 beta 1 before assuming when it is coming

10. macrumors 6502a

A music app that isn't ****.

11. macrumors 68020

teknikal90

1. Music App improvements.
    2. ability to swipe and register taps while the stupid animations are taking their time. iOS 6 had this
    3. clear alll notifications.
    4. more speed

12. macrumors 6502

For the iPad, having split mail views. It's stupid to click on an email and go to a full page of it rather than having it split side by side like the Cydia email tweak.

13. macrumors regular

lovewd

Kill all apps button in multitasking

14. macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

I don't think any of those will be in 7.1 to be honest. The only one that might have a chance is "clear all notification button".

I honestly hate the notification center, I would like to see an icon in the status bar in iOS 8, I hate the fact you have to scroll up from the top and look for notifications. Why should I go looking for a notification.

15. macrumors regular

Quick reply. They implemented it in Mavericks, now bring it to iOS.

16. macrumors regular

I would suggest improving the animation speeds as well as the scanning speed of the Touch ID. Should be < 100ms.

17. macrumors 68040

acfusion29

i was thinking about this today.

a good way to implement a 'kill all' would be to swipe on on the home screen when in the multi-tasking menu. (if i confused anyone, double tap on the home button then swipe up on the page with all your icons)

as for 7.1 i wanna see:

- improved calendar
    - bring back weather widget at least

18. macrumors member

Apple's page says that iCloud key chain can be integrated into apps!

19. macrumors regular

lovewd

Weather is in the today tab in Notification Center

20. macrumors 68040

acfusion29

- it's not a weather widget like before
    - you need location services on (eats battery)

21. macrumors 6502a

MrGuder

Fix the Music App!!! ASAP!!

Feedback already sent!!

22. macrumors 65816

djtech42

Swipe from right edge to enter multitasking instead of double tapping home button.

23. macrumors regular

Add a button for cellular data to that little shortcut menu that pulls up from the bottom of the screen. Used far more frequently than airplane mode

24. macrumors P6

Most use that less frequently if ever at all. But what they should do is either add more shortcuts or allow users to customize them in the Control Center.

25. DanTSX, Oct 26, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2013

macrumors regular

Agree. I only started using mine as I had to give up my precious unlimited data contract. Or at least forego it in light of buying an Unsubsidized phone. Like 8gb isn't enough, but I get carried Away:eek: