Ideas for OSX-maybe there's already a solution?!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by flyfish29, Aug 9, 2004.

1. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

I had a couple of ideas for new features for OSX, but was thinking maybe there is already a third party solution out there. What about having three docks where you could create three types of docs. Maybe one could be audio/visual stuff, another text type stuff and another for utilities. You could use all three sides of the screen that allow a current single dock. You could orgainze into often used apps, rarely used apps and another just for folders. Would allow the dock to have larger icons and still have lots in the dock(s).

what about making the trash a stationary dock in the corner that doesn't move. I can't tell you how many times i go to throw something away and miss the trash can and end up placing it in the dock. Maybe I should cut down on the caffiene too!:D

What about a clickable desktop clock that you can set an alarm/timer on easily I like the system pref. clock you can place on the desktop to show the time and a date (paper looking calendar). But I would like to be able to double click on that clock and set a timer to sound off an alarm.

What about a daily to do list for iCal where you could drag copies off your to do list to the daily list and it would not only copy the to do item, but when you check it off as being done on the daily to do list, it would do the same for the main to do list.

If you know of software out there that can do this please let me know as well as how reliable the software is. I don't like installing lots of third party stuff, but some that is reliable I will to save time.

thanks,

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

What about learning & using one of the most useful key commands?
    It becomes 2nd nature within 30 mins...

"apple" + "backspace delete" (the one above the return key)

gee, that was clumsily put... but you know what I mean :)

3. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I think the key to seeing these things in OS X is to create a successful third party app that does them.

Ask the folks at Konfabulator....

4. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

There are third party apps (somewhere) for the trash thing- putting it back on the desktop like in 9. Although you can just put the delete button in your finder window if key commands elude you.

Anyone know, by the way, the key command to open an identical window to the one I have open? (Instead of opening a new window to my user's root folder with apple-n)?

By the way- Konfabulator and Dashboard can and should coexist, they are different things.