Ideas of what to do with old Macs (68k)?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by fox2005, Apr 8, 2005.

1. fox2005 macrumors member

Anyone have ideas of what to do with old Macs (pre Power PC)?

I for example have 2 LC575, 1 Quadra 605, 1 Performa 630CD, and even 2 Mac Plus.

The Performa 630 CD ihas Eudora Mail Server an ultra old version thats only worth for internal mail in my office since we send big files all day.

I would like to put one Mac Plus on display with a simple but nice presentation (kind of flash) in the reception, i think it would be cool, but i dont't know how the heck to do it...

Any more Ideas?

2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Head over to Macintosh Garden and get some old games, and play a little whenever you get that nostalgic feeling... ;)

3. 5300cs macrumors 68000

5300cs

Back when I was in college (1996~2000) we used to put JPGs in a folder along with this program and it would make instant slide shows. Just double-click on it and off you went.

... I cannot remember the name of the program now, though... :mad:

QuickView, maybe?

4. daveL macrumors 68020

daveL

5. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

A neat idea is to mac an aquarium. I know some people that do this with the classics and G3 imacs. Put a beta in it and call it cool. :cool:

6. tom.96 macrumors regular

I know the problem is space to put them all, but I can't bear to part with my old machines. I dream of having my own computer lab where I can go from one mac to the other.... bliss

Seriously tho, I've seen pics on the net of fish tanked computers and it is very cool looking!