Idiots you work with

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ToddW, Jun 13, 2006.

1. ToddW macrumors 6502a

Well just thought I would start a thread so folks can talk about all the idiots they work with.

2. AvSRoCkCO1067 macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

Do you work with any idiots??? :confused:

3. iGary Guest

iGary

I don't work with any idiots, but I have my share of "problem" customers. :rolleyes:

4. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    No one I directly work with in the office is an idiot. Though, in other departments there are plenty of them, and homeowners and builders tend to be morons, as well as their respective lawyers.

I love talking trash to lawyers, they think they're so godamn smart, think they can use legal jargon to get what they want, but it all boils down to my rules.

TAKE THAT LAWYER SCUM! *swings at lawyers*

5. amacgenius macrumors 68000

amacgenius

I don't have a real job yet, but with the work I do do (online and off) I've had my share of "difficult" people.

6. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

My boss was one....there are so many stories, I don't even know where to start :D

One of the better ones: Our project team won an award for the New Technology we were developing. We didn't find out until after the award was presented and then from one of the other employees from another company when he called happened to mention it to one of the guys on the team. There was a representative from our company at the presentation.......

Bleh,

D

7. iGary Guest

iGary

OK, I have a good one.

Our publisher drove up to Annapolis from Virginia to attend our Christmas party two years ago. The morning of, we noticed a new Mini Cooper S sitting in the parking lot, and we remembered how the publisher's wife had just fallen in love with the mini after watching "The Italian Job."

So "John" shows up, throws a video camera into my hands and tells me to film his wife's reaction to the gift. He then proceeds to hand us all a Christmas bonus that was half of what it was the year before, even after a wickedly profitable year. :rolleyes:

8. Josh macrumors 68000

Josh

Once at work, I was called because a woman in our office was having trouble finding her programs (her icons were "moved" I guessed).

As it turns out, her PC had been replaced, and the icons were now in their default locations.

Upon explaining this to her, she responds, "But I only got a new computer, not a new screen...."

I cannot describe, scientifically or otherwise, the infernal hot-flash of both anger and amusement I felt at that moment.

9. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

LOL. Classic.

10. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I have to work in my cubicle alongside these people called "moderators" and a pointy-haired boss named arn.

Oh wait... that's not my real job.

At my real job, I could complain about my coworkers (some who work under my direction and some who direct me), but I choose not to. But I am curious what they'd say if somebody invited them to complain about me. :eek:

11. SC68Cal macrumors 68000

12. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

IIRC it was last thursday had Mac customers and a sales-man he's was trying to make the sale by giving the wrong information on the Mac and im trying to repair the Goofs that he says to customer..

After like 10 mins of this i walk away from the customer, because i'm fed-up with salesman .. and he says he knows Macs.. :confused: :confused:

I'm the Un-Official™ Mac Guy in my department thats from my Mac Supervisor in the department too.. :D :eek: :cool:

13. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

nice of you to get your boss's wife a gift!! ;)

i don't have any particular stories, other than the fact that in general the people i work with are not very computer literate, which i'm sure is quite common.

14. riciad macrumors 6502

The only idiot i have to work with is myself.

15. krimson macrumors 65816

krimson

Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia
    what perfect timing...

I totally just snapped at the IT Manager earlier this morning... She's an idiot anyways, she can't even fix a shortcut by herself.

Her and the Jr programmers (19, w/ 16 yr old wife) were playing that ANNOYING high pitched mosquito ring tone (that seems to be popular among kids) OVER AND OVER.

So i shouted over the cube wall to knock it off. They both laugh, So i told them that it hurts my ears and I told her that as an adult (mid 40's) she shouldn't be encouraging this type of behavior no matter what her title or position is.

It's tuesday and this week already sucks.
    (2nd gear on the tranny died yesterday, forgot my parking card this morning)

16. ToddW thread starter macrumors 6502a

I had some equipment to return and I told one of our guys to ship it and gave him all the information he needed to complete the return authorization. I then told him to ship via FedEx and give me a tracking number. He responded "I don't know how to do that." I shook my head and walked out.

I was in an emergency meeting this morning (which is why I had to finish the post so quickly) and in the meeting this morning I had to give a date on when a system would be online. I said at the end of July. He said what date, I said at the end of July. He looked at me and said what date? I responded the 32nd. He put that down in the status report.

It is amazing who they will let yell at people about TPS coversheets!

17. jaydub macrumors 6502a

jaydub

I'll practice as much restraint as I possibly can, but sometimes I can't believe the decisions some people in my division make. That's as diplomatic as I can be. :D

18. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

Well I had to call a doctor's office about getting a witness signature for a consent form. They happened to be at lunch. Ok I thought.....then I went to lunch and come back from lunch 30 minutes later. And the consent form is gone. Just totally disappeared, along with the req and the copy of the Blood Bank Req.

WTF!? how the hell do three pieces of paper go missing in 30 minutes :/

19. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I read about a large organization's computer center that was supposedly secure, except that a piece of rarely used equipment (a modem) was found to have disappeared from a table. This caused quite a panic for security reasons, but they realized they could use room surveillance tapes to find out who took it. They played back tapes to find one tape from when the modem was there and one tape from when it was gone, and narrowed down the time in between until they found the moment it disappeared and watched to see who was there.

The answer was that nobody was there. The vibrations of equipment in the room made the modem gradually work its way toward the back of the table, where it finally fell off. Sure enough, they found it hanging off the back of the table, suspended in midair by a tangle of cables!

So I'm sure that's what happened to your papers, eva01. :)

20. adk macrumors 68000

adk

One of my coworkers wrote "Safty First" on the bulletin board so we would all be safe on the job. Another one of my coworkers (with a mullet mind you) tells me about the weekly dinner dates he has with his wife - at quizno's.

21. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    Half the people I work with barely speak English...this certainly doesn't make them idiot's, but it does make for a frustrating work environment at times...

oh, and my knowledge of PC's is small, but I seem to be the only one with even "small" amounts of Window's knowledge...wish we used OS X....:mad:

22. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

argh. the people i have to work with... give me headaches all day long. well one in particular. but its long and involved i suppose. just annoying and tedious. :mad:

23. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

If you only knew the half of it... but idiots I can stand. It's the malicious, bone-idle, arse-licking toadies that wind me up.

http://money.guardian.co.uk/workweekly/story/0,,1773408,00.html

:mad:

24. cait-sith macrumors regular

The first myth of management is that it exists!

25. DMPDX macrumors 6502

Do teachers count? If you are with them everyday, basically like a co worker.