iDisk and iPhoto

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Mr. Anderson, May 10, 2002.

1. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Ok, I've been playing around with iPhoto and uploaded some pics to the iDisk. It worked great the first time. Then I wanted to change it so I went in to the iDisk and deleted all the files in Sites and PhotoAlbums and uploaded another set of pics.

To my surprise, the old pic page reapeared and was linked at the top to my new one. I did this iteration a couple more times and now I have a mess.

First, how do you permanently delete photoalbums and their data (so I don't get the link at the top of the page) from the iDisk

And, I want to upload my own pages and link to the PhotoAlbums from there, what's the easiest way to do that?

Thanks.

2. cleo macrumors 65816

cleo

Have you tried going to the Homesite web site and managing the pages from there? That's what I do, and haven't had any problems at all.

As far as linking... the "index.html" file automatically redirects to whichever page you've set as the home page... so if that's a photo album, then just link to "index.html" and you will go right to the photos.

Did that make any sense? I need food.

3. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

'scuse the ignorance (not a OSX native yet) but where do I find the Homesite web site?

4. cleo macrumors 65816

cleo

Apple.com > iTools > HomeSite

Lettuce know if it works :)

5. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I'll be working on that later when I boot to OSX. Maybe this weekend. Thanks Cleo!