iDisk Backups

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Claudia, Jun 3, 2005.

1. Claudia macrumors member

good afternoon everyone!

I have FINALLY upgraded to Tiger! Although, I haven't been able to really scope it out yet. For some reason I imagined that the widgets would be really cool, but, maybe that'll come in time when I really need to use them. Anyway, before doing a clean install I used Backup2 to backup my documents files to my iDisk. Now, I am trying to access the backup and unfortunately, I have no idea how to. I checked the .mac site and it only refers to CD backups; I was wondering if any of you know how to put the information from my iDisk backup back to my applications?

Thanks so much!

Claudia

2. ScotRobson macrumors 6502

Click on your iDisk from the finder window and your files should be in the backup folder (if thats what you selected) - Just drag them back to where you want them and they will copy over.

3. Claudia thread starter macrumors member

Oh, thanks for the tip. I should've been more specific with my inquiry, sorry. See, I backed up not only documents but also my Address Book. When I go to my iDisk and look through my backup folder and click Address Book it takes me to the following files: addressbook.data, abperson.skindex,addressbook.data.previous, and addressbook.data.beforesave.

I've clicked on these files and instead of being opened I am prompted to choose an application to open these. I've chosen to open it with Address Book and Address Book tells me "there are no importable cards." How would i be able to transfer over this kind of information?