iDisk Help Please!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Links77, Mar 9, 2005.

1. Links77 macrumors newbie

Jan 13, 2005
    The local copy of my iDisk keeps erasing itself and I don't know why!
    I'm hoping some of you experts can help me, I've been a Mac user for nearly a year now after switching and I've never been happier, but this problem is a real pain because I then have to have my Powerbook connected to the internet for hours to get my copy back (the online version is not erased thankfully!), which isn't easy where I am right now.

I tried contacting Apple but to be honest, they weren't a huge help, so I'm looking here instead.

What happens is my iDisk begins to sync and instead of just syncing say 10 items, it decides it needs to sync 600 because my copy seems to have emptied all the folders.
    I then can't get any new stuff online until I've replaced the copy of my old stuff.

Can anyone out there help????

Oh, a small aside, at the same time I seem to lose the picture linked to my user account, I have no idea why??
    If I didn't know better I'd say it was a virus, but clearly that can't be the problem!!
  2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

Jun 6, 2003
    Solon, OH
    Sometimes I experience iDisk syncing problems, though not like you're having. What I do is recreate my local iDisk (and wait ages for it to sync). The way this is done is by going into System Preferences, clicking on .Mac, clicking the iDisk tab, (after it retrieves the iDisk info) unchecking the make a local iDisk box, trying to leave .Mac preferences (you'll be asked what to do with the old iDisk - just put it on the Desktop), going back to .Mac preferences, rechecking the make local iDisk box, and leaving .Mac preferences (either by clicking another system preferences pane or quitting System Preferences completely). Once this is done, the iDisk will be recreated and synchronized.

One of the reasons this happens is that the size of your iDisk changed (either because you altered the tradeoff between email and iDisk on or you upgraded).