Idisk Icon...on desktop

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by pilotkid, Mar 10, 2007.

1. pilotkid macrumors 6502a

For some reason my Idisk icon disappeared. It was probably something i did and didn't know it but i cant figure out how to get it back...? My .mac isn't expired or anything like that, so that shouldn't be the issue. Howwww do i get it backkkk?
    Thanks in advance.

2. thewhitehart macrumors 6502a

thewhitehart

It disappears when you lose connection to the idisk. This happens when you're internet is disconnected, or you reset the computer.

Just open a finder window, and the idisk should be in the upper left hand pane above the hard disk and network icons. Click it, and it'll remount on your desktop.

3. pilotkid thread starter macrumors 6502a

I did that its not there!
    It just has(in the following order)
    Network
    Anthony's Macbook

4. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Go to Finder menu>Preferences and make sure that there is a check next to Connected Servers in the General Tab. You might also want to click the Sidebar tab and check next to iDisk to make sure that it will show up in your sidebar too.

If you lost the connection to the iDisk, you are also going to have to use the Go menu, and select iDisk > My iDisk.

5. pilotkid thread starter macrumors 6502a

There wasn't a check next to it on the side bar tab, I checked it and its there now. Thank you!