iDisk & Tiger - Any .Mac members having problems??

Discussion in 'macOS' started by LimeiBook86, Jul 23, 2005.

1. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

Well all of you dot Mac members know that dot Mac and the iDisk are usually good. Maybe it's just me but, since 10.4 I've been having a lot of iDisk related issues. First off with 10.4 I lost my iDisk completely while syncing, after talking to Apple they restored it because I think they knew it was a bug and their fault.

After updating to 10.4.1 I had some minor iDisk problems, mounting it was usually a hassle but, it worked most of the time. And now after 10.4.2 I have more problems. Seems that I can't connect to my iDisk when I want most of the time. The iDisk is in my dock and when I click on it I get a '?' on the icon, ok, so no biggie, I'll just click on iDisk in my sidebar of my folder. Nope! "The volume for 'iDisk' can not be found!" my Mac says.

Now I would like to know if this is just me or if anyone else is having these problems, because this is just getting silly. I pay for the service which works fine, I can go online and iChat but, when I go to access my iDisk most of the time I have trouble. I know it's not my internet connection so what else could it be? Sometimes I have to log out or restart just to get it to mount. I even will type in the address into 'Connect to Server...' but it won't connect.

Any of you .Mac members having similar problems? I'd like to get some feedback :confused:

Thanks! :D
    -Limey

2. risc macrumors 68030

risc

I had plenty of problems with .mac not syncing properly when I moved my machines to Tiger, I had to Reset Sync Data to get it to work properly. I haven't spent much time with the iDisk to see if there were any problems there, sorry.

3. Gee macrumors 65816

Ditto with the major synching hassles (especially considering that was going to be one of Tiger's major enancements). I haven't had problems connecting to my iDisk, but it's been a bit crap when trying to synch between the local copy on my desktop and the online version - 'synch now' seems to do nothing most of the time.

4. LimeiBook86 thread starter macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

Hah yeah, I used the sync feature which wiped out my iDisk, eventually Apple gave me my data back and a storage upgrade for my troubles but still I'm surprised how .Mac is in Tiger. It's worse than before, and yeah I have the sync feature turned off. :(

5. Whyren macrumors 6502a

Whyren

I've had problems using auto sync and computer sleep. Sometimes after the computer sleeps, the iDisk sync won't work afterwards. One solution I found is forcibly restarting the MirrorAgent in Terminal using this code:

killall -ALRM MirrorAgent

Still, it's something Apple needs to address.

6. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

Yeah I've had issues as well. Works alright most of the time, slower than I'd like but ok. Yesterday it crashed my PB when I closed it in my room and opened it in the Library where the internet connection was screwy. It looked for the iDisk for a few minutes and pretty much froze the computer. Had to do a hard restart. I had other issues with Panther and the iDisk causing MS Office's save and open dialogues to take 2 or 3 minutes to open. Every OS update says it improves iDisk synicing or something like that, I hope they comtinue improvements.

7. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

This is all kind of funny in a way. iDisk syncing was really annoying under Panther, killing the Finder on a semi-regular basis, but under Tiger it's been smooth sailing all along. I thought that making iDisk work well was their consolation prize for ruining Mail! Unfortunately there's nothing unusual about my .Mac settings to explain the different experience.

8. LimeiBook86 thread starter macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

I only have problems on my PowerBook, my brother's iMac G5 and my PC connect to it fine, along with my Dad's 450mhz G4...I think I'll do a clean install of Tiger when I find my discs :)

9. LimeiBook86 thread starter macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

My iDisk is still having trouble connecting...I'm trying to find a preference to trash, you think anyone knows which one to trash? :(

Attached Files: