iDJ

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Mydriasis, Oct 10, 2005.

1. Mydriasis macrumors 6502

Mydriasis

Attached Files:

2. fayans macrumors 6502a

fayans

What else can we proudly say about iPod? Everything seems to become iPodism.

3. the_freddinator macrumors regular

Totally and ridiculously unnecessary/expensive.

2- 20gb iPods. $400
    1- dual-iPod turntable. $400-600 (estimate).

$800-$1000 USD to get this thing working. Now add in all the sound equipment needed and this just gets ridiculous. I'm sure that somebody out there has already created or will create just a turntable w/ built-in HD for cheaper. C'mon.

But an interesting idea, nonetheless :p

4. darwen macrumors 6502a

darwen

I thought about doing this a while ago but never imagined an actual device! I was just going to get a friends iPod and plug them into my mixer... much cheaper but not as easy or as cool. Would there be some way to do this with 1 iPod? the device can work like iTunes and let you just read music off of a hard drive?

I remember seeing a DJ one time with a laptop running iTunes and he built his playlist as the night went. That did the same thing in a little more practical fashion for someone who already has the computer. Almost makes me want to DJ.

5. NicP macrumors 6502

Huh??

How about, two technics turntables $799 each, one xone 62 mixer $2420 (of course these prices are in $AU and we get screwed for price)

On topic, ive said it before and i'll say it again, this is the lamest thing i have ever seen

6. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

It can play protected AACs something nothing else can do.

Seems like you could have a better setup with an iMac and a mixer.

7. the_freddinator macrumors regular

Are you saying it'd be more expensive? I kinda just froogle'd 'turntables' and went a li'l higher than the first dual-turntable I found :p

8. dan-o-mac macrumors 6502a

dan-o-mac

:mad: What you saw was not a DJ. I agree with NicP, this thing is lame.

9. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

It would be nicer if there was some software that ran on top of iTunes on a Mac that would give it some DJ functionality...beat matching, looping, crossfades and overlays, and so on. If this thing does that stuff, I think it's less lame than DJ'ing from a laptop. Then again... a lot of the DJ's here, who have the proper equipment but no taste or skills, make a laptop and a "DJ" start to sound appetizing. :(

10. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

What's lame are threads where people argue about who is and who isn't a "DJ" based on the equipment they use.

11. NicP macrumors 6502

froogle technics 1200, they are the club standard :)

12. NicP macrumors 6502

Yes this is true

but the only person i can imagine buying one of these is some wannabe who listens to britany and thinks its the shiznit or something ;)

Pleanty of the DJ's i saw saturday night were using ableton live on powerbooks, best program ever! now all ive got to do is save for a powerbook so i can use it outside my bedroom :)

13. dan-o-mac macrumors 6502a

dan-o-mac

I would have to agree, too bad you failed to realize their is no one arguing.