iDVD 3... When??

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by madamimadam, Jan 15, 2003.

1. madamimadam macrumors 65816

madamimadam

I hope this has not been posted somewhere but everytime I was doing a search it would tell me I had less than the needed 3 words to search on. As a point of interest, I searched "iDVD 3 download Apple release"

I wanted to know when I can update my iDVD to v.3 via download. I have some DVDs to make for customers and since iDVD now supports such features as chapter markers I don't see why I would need DVD Studio Pro (these DVDs don't have any "special" feautres, just movie and chapters).

2. dotcomlarry macrumors regular

3. madamimadam thread starter macrumors 65816

madamimadam

4. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

www.apple.com/ilife/

Where did you look?

Lethal

5. madamimadam thread starter macrumors 65816

madamimadam

How about you take a screen shot of where on that page it says "current owners of iDVD 2 can download an update from this link"

Lethal my ass
    :rolleyes:

6. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

iDVD 3 will NOT be available for download. Only iTunes 3, iMovie 3, and iPhoto 2 will be available for download. In order for ANYONE to obtain iDVD 3, you must purchase iLife, which includes a CD with iTunes 3, iMovie 3, and iPhoto 2; Plus it includes a DVD that contains iDVD 3.

7. madamimadam thread starter macrumors 65816

madamimadam

This is what I have to say to that:
    :p

Lucky I work in the Apple area, I'm not paying that for such a product.

.Mac I am happy to pay for but .Mac and iLife... :p

8. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

50 dollars is chump change for these products. These are the best apps in the digital media category money can buy on the mac or windows side. but go ahead, steal the software and dont support your company. i hope you reconsider your actions because 50 dollars is nothing for the applicatin suite.

iJon

9. madamimadam thread starter macrumors 65816

madamimadam

rrrriiiiggghhhhttt.... how am I stealing the software???

You don't work in the Apple arena, do you?!

We get just about everything for free... if the business gets a copy, all the employees are allowed to install that copy on their machine.

As for .Mac, it came free from Apple for all who did the Learn And Earn course.

No stealing here... all I am doing is supporting their product by selling it for them.

As for $US50 for iLife might not be a lot but I could not imagine not working here any more and having to pay $50 for iLife, $129 for X.2 and $100 for .Mac just after spending $2799 for this PowerBook

10. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

sorry man, i didnt understand what you meant by "apple area". you made it sound like you were stealing, at least in my opinion. and what was up with the lethal my ass comment. you dont have to be an ass yourself towards people.

iJon

11. madamimadam thread starter macrumors 65816

madamimadam

I asked a simple question, if someone is going to be an ass towards me, they are going to get it back.

You are the only person who addressed the question but you did it while having a dribble about stealing.

12. Gus macrumors 65816

Gus

It will not be available for download because it is VERY large. In the 100's of MB here. It would cost Apple a fortune for the bandwidth to provide that as a download. You are paying for the upgrade, the production costs and simply because Apple chose to do it that way. ;)

Regards,
    Gus

13. MontanaMacster macrumors regular

freebie shmeebie

At most your company is allowed to share with 5 people(Family pack) and that is pushing it. It's legal to have it on numerous computers at your job site, but it stays there. When you take it home it strays from the "family pack" installation.

14. alset macrumors 65816

alset

Hey, let's be friends.

Anyway, Apple charges for iDVD because it is a full DVD (mentioned above). They have never allowed it for d/l, to my knowledge. This is reasonable, as Apple would waste bandwidth faster than they could send the bills to accounting if they allowed everyone with a network connection to go after it. It stinks. But it's fair.

Now let's all kiss and make up. 8)

Dan

15. madamimadam thread starter macrumors 65816

madamimadam

GREAT point... I just checked my iDVD (uncompressed, obviously) and it is over 800MB.

I agree with paying for many things from Apple to help fund them in the slum but they need to watch out because they are starting to push it. Could you imagine if you have to pay for ALL of the iApps alongside everything else.

16. madamimadam thread starter macrumors 65816

madamimadam

Re: freebie shmeebie

Oh, we are not allowed to take ANY home but I am allowed to have it on my PowerBook. The idea is that I will promote it to my customers no matter where I am, which happens, but obviously I am going to use it at home when I take my PowerBook with me. I am CERTAIN Apple would not care about that. As if they would make me pay for it because I have it on a laptop, esp. when I sell it for them.

As mentioned, though, I could not install it on a home machine, only a work machine.

17. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

hey man,i messed up, i mis interpreted what you said. i get .mac and ilife and every other apple product free too, i know what you do now and i understand what you said. i dont want to pick a fight or anything, this site is the last place i want to make people made at me or others because this is the only place i an come and talk about computers with people who know what you taking about. i have enough arguing with my ignorant pc friends at school. no hard feelings man, ok?

iJon

18. madamimadam thread starter macrumors 65816

madamimadam

Consider it forgotten; I haven't the time for petty arguement while working on all this new Apple product/pricing.

19. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

Yes, new pricing is a bitch.

iJon

20. madamimadam thread starter macrumors 65816

madamimadam

I tell you what... I can't wait

Funny part is, that is meant 2 ways, I love new product but I have enough work on my hands as it is.

21. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

I can't take a screen shot of something that doesn't exist, but I can give you a screen shot telling you when and how you can get iDVD 3.

Lethal

Attached Files:

22. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

hey you guys know you dont have to use grab everytime to get a picture. you can use ****+apple+3 or 4. just thought i would let you know that.

iJon

23. vniow macrumors G4

What's ****?

24. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

haha oops, i left out the "f" in shift and it blocked it out because it thought i said, well you know.if you hit apple+shift+3 it will take a snap shot of the entire screen. if you hit apple+shift+4 you can take a snap shot of a selected area. plus if you hit apple+shift+4 and then hit space bar you can take picture of individual objects. you just have to use it to get what im saying. i use this all the time, it makes grab pointless.

iJon

25. g30ffr3y macrumors 6502a

g30ffr3y