iDVD and saving picture files to a DVD

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by thejadedmonkey, Jun 21, 2006.

1. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

I made a slideshow in iMovie, sent it to iDVD, and was ready to hit burn when I thought "hey, wouldn't it be a cool idea if I could include the original picture and movie files on the DVD too?" and so I burnt a disk image instead, figuring I could just drag the files to it afterward.

That didn't work, so I converted it into a dmg using Disk Utility. Still no go. It doesn't have the space for it (how do I make the disk image larger?) but it's still giving me the error that says I can't do it, not one about no space. I even tried mucking around with permissions and giving everybody full access to it.

What am I doing wrong here guys?

2. bootedbear macrumors 6502

bootedbear

You can't add stuff after the fact, afaik.

Before you burn to the image, add the files to the iDVD ROM area.

3. thejadedmonkey thread starter macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

Ok, I'm gonna need some help with that.

I google'd to find out that all I do is go to advanced>Edit DVD-ROM contents. I added my jpg and .mov files, organized into folders and sub-folders. Then I saved and hit "save as disk image" because I don't have a DVD burner on this comp...

It starts building the menu...and dies on "rendering menu video asset" remaining menus (1 of 2). I left it go overnight and it froze. I thought maybe it wasn't properly waking up the removable HDD it was saving to, so I tried saving it to my desktop. still no good... any advice?

EDIT: Got it...just deleted all the encoded crap and had iDVD re-encode everything.

4. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

Just another suggestion for next time....

If you do it from iPhoto... your slideshow than its relitivley easy.

Okay have iphoto share your photos with iDVD, than in your edit window double click the name of the album.. than click on settings. Check the box that says "Add Image Files to DVD-ROM" and your done :). Worked beautifully for me.