iDVD=Crash-o-holic

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by blad3z, Dec 21, 2006.

1. blad3z macrumors member

Hey Guys,
    Right well heres a quick question. My iDVD always crashes just as it finishes encoding. By crashing, i mean it stops, freezes. Like windows style. nothing of the program works and i have to do a force quit. So, is there anything that would contribute to this or anyway i can prevent it? the last time it crashed when i was buring to a DVD-RW i tried again for a 2nd time and it worked. It's when I'm now burning to this DVD-R that its crashed everytime its finished the enconding proccess and onto the Burn bit... so...

2. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

Does it do this when it finishes encoding the video and says "encoding audio" better yet does your project ever get to the part where the main feature gets it audio encoded? If it does "crash" on this spot it really doesnt.. it just waits a bit to scan the audio in the project before it actually encodes it. It doesnt crash.. I thought the same thing.. I usually walk away because if not im to tempted to "force quit"

3. BriC macrumors newbie

Hi thanks for this. Same thing happened to me, spinning 'rainbow' wheel and It even said that my iDVD was not responding when I did (Apple+Alt+Esc). I left it for a while and it kicked back in and worked fine.:)