1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

iDvD crashed my mac! Disk is stuck. Drive not recognized????

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Peter Rosen, Jun 15, 2004.

1. Guest

I was attempting to burn a DVD using iDVD 4.01. It looked good and was processing files, so i went to sleep expecting a finish disk to be sticking out of the drive when I awoke. Nothing, not only that but the ALBOOK 15" running 10.3.4 refuses to see the drive, and the disk is stuck in it. I tried everything to get the machine to recognize the drive. I restarted with the mouse down, I created a new user, I zapped the pram. The machine in system profiler, doesn't see the drive and the eject key in no longer recognized and does nothing. Can someone give me a clue how to get the DVD out of the drive?

Also, iDVD is no longer recognizing that I have a superdrive. When I boot the program, an error message incorrectly tells me the machine has no superdrive and I won't be able to record DVDs. I have burned 6 to date with no problem. I revised the data in the DVD I was making a 3rd copy of and all seemed well. I clicked record, the program asked for a recordable disk. I put one in, the machine seemed to be chewing the data just fine, but in the morning. No disk and no drive action (or even acknolowdgement that one exists????).

HELP! :confused:

2. macrumors 65816

ChrisFromCanada

The latest version of iDVD appears to be pretty buggy. As for ejecting the CD, isn't there a button in the drive you can acess with a paper clip for an emergency eject? Does anyone know? Are you still getting power to the drive?

3. macrumors 65816

abhishekit

restart holding down the mouse button,
    if it doesnt work then
    restart holding on cmd+option+o+f to get to open firmware
    and write 'eject cd'. press enter. it should come out .then write reboot , press enter

hope it works

4. macrumors 6502a

parrothead

Could it be possible that there is no problem with iDVD and that the problem is with the drive itself? I can easily see a faulty drive causing iDVD to crash and also the whole computer. Keep this in mind if the other fixes discussed above dont work.