iDVD crashing

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Cromulent, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Cromulent macrumors 603

Oct 2, 2006
    The Land of Hope and Glory
    I am running Mac OS X 10.4.8 and the latest version of iDVD. I recently made a DVD from a DV project in iMovie and tried to burn it onto a DVD and iDVD crashed (was not responding according to Activity Monitor), so I tried to export it to a disk image and it crashed again.

Is there anything I should know about iDVD at all in relation to crashing. It always seemed to do it when it was encoding the audio, after it had rendered all the menus etc.

Any help is appreciated.

Edit : Forgot to add that this is on a mac pro 2.66Ghz with 2GB of RAM and the ATI graphics card for what it's worth.

Edit Number Two : Ah my mistake. Really should read more of the manuals before asking questions here :). All sorted.
  2. fishy2k8 macrumors member

Nov 10, 2006
    please help me.. this is happening to me and i dont know what to do. help!!!
  3. theBB macrumors 68020

Jan 3, 2006
    What do you mean by crash? Did iDVD quit on its own or does it just look like it is frozen, not responding etc.? If it looks like it is frozen, don't worry, that's normal. Give it an hour or two so that iDVD can finish encoding. Ignore the Activity Monitor.
  4. fishy2k8 macrumors member

Nov 10, 2006
    so the beach ball thing is normal and it just seems like it isn't responding?
    seems like a long time to have to encode