iDvd Encoding Audio errors hangs not responding

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by imac abuser, Apr 15, 2006.

1. imac abuser macrumors 6502a

imac abuser

I'm having a terrible time with my Intel Mac Dua Processor 2 gig ram and iDvd. I created my movie in iMovie it works just fine. And then I'm setting it up in iDvd and creating it. When it gets to the encoding audio right before the burn stage it hangs and is "NOT RESPONDING" what the heck can I do. This is pissing me off when it takes nearly an hour to get to that point. I'm not running anything else and the mac is not sleeping.

HELP
    chris

2. amusic macrumors newbie

iDVD and spinning beachball of death!

How long have you allowed it to hang for?

I am asking this because I have just had this EXACT problem- it would hang just before audio encoding- I checked the dock- it said the application was NOT responding. Then I checked "activity monitor"- and that said the same thing. I was going to force quit the application and start again- then I decided to just let it do what it was doing. After about 10 minutes it came to life again- and finished of the audio encoding!!:cool:

So- maybe give this a go if you haven't yet. Otherwise- if you have already done this I have no idea what is going on- sorry.:confused:

3. imac abuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

imac abuser

yeah, for some crappy reason the way they do it is to give you the beachball of death and you think it's hanging they should fix that bug.... but thanks yeah i figured it out after a while :)

4. bowens macrumors 6502a

bowens

My mini does this but I have left it for hours and the beachball never goes away. I still haven't figured out what to do.

5. imac abuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

imac abuser

Might try more ram oh the mini is capped at 1 gig right? dang and I have 2 gig of ram in my itel mac hmmm not sure

6. macock macrumors newbie

IDVD not responding

I got same beachball-o-death right before encoding audio. First time ever. I almost cancelled the project but I let it hang. Shut down all open apps and had a beer (not related). This is a two hour video and has been encoding for almost 7 hours (must look into that) it is back up and burning. So yeah, just be patient and let it hang as long as it needs to. May look into grown-up manner of authoring and burning.