iDVD Error

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by monke, Feb 12, 2007.

1. monke macrumors 65816

monke

I keep getting the following error in iDVD:

I've tried it about 3 times now, deleted the encoded assets every time, and it still won't burn. It gets through all the processing (takes about 3 hours :eek: ) then hits the 'Burn' section and the error comes up.

The project is just a keynote presentation. In keynote I clicked share/export to iDVD. Converted to QuickTime and all went well. Would it have anything to do with me putting the computer to sleep. It usually just stops and then continues later.

Help? :eek:

2. paulrautenbach macrumors newbie

Re: iDVD Error

I am getting this too.

The strange thing in my case was that it first succeeded in burning one DVD from this iDVD project. Now it does nothing but give this error when trying to burn the same project to DVD - I haven't tried another project yet.

It also gives this error trying to use File > Save as Disc Image... so is not a mechanical problem with the DVD writer.

My disk has 60GB free so that shouldn't be a problem.

I've tried both with and without deleting the encoded assets and restarting my iMac (Core 2 Duo).

I'd also appreciate a solution, or any help.

Thanks.

Paul

Attached Files:

3. paulrautenbach macrumors newbie

re: iDVD Error

It appears not to be due to the Mac sleeping. I turned off all sleeping and tried again. No luck.

This seems to be an old problem: http://www.macworld.com/forums/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB20&Number=292291&page=13&view=collapsed&sb=9&o=&fpart=1

http://discussions.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=5177191

I will try the advice to trash the com.apple.iDvd.plist and let you know what happens.

Paul

4. paulrautenbach macrumors newbie

Deleting com.apple.iDvd.plist AND deleting the encoded assets worked - sort of - in that it burned a single DVD but then prompted for a second blank DVD and failed with the same error. Also, just deleting com.apple.iDvd.plist without also deleting the encoded assets failed to work.

So, I have one more DVD but have to go through the process again to get another. I think this time I will try File > Save as Disc Image... Hopefully then I can burn several DVDs from this image.

5. paulrautenbach macrumors newbie

Trashing the com.apple.iMovie.plist in /users/<me>/Library/Preferences and re-sharing to iDVD has allowed me to File > Save as Disc Image... successfully, from which I can make as many DVDs as I need. I'm not sure if the trashing of com.apple.iMovie.plist or the re-sharing to iDVD solved the problem.

Paul

6. hollym101h macrumors newbie

re: iDVD Error

Paul, thank you for posting how to fix this! I have been annoyed all weekend by this error message as I've been trying to make a DVD for a Christmas present. :):)

7. paulrautenbach macrumors newbie

Re:iDVD Error

I'm pleased it worked for you too. Happy Christmas.