Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

derajfast

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 24, 2004
i did a spotlight search for idvd, hoping to clean up some room on my hard drive, and it returned about 3 folders for idvd 3, 3 for idvd 4, 3 for idvd 5, and 3 for idvd 5, and 3 for idvd 6.....these are all themes, and installed themes folders......do i really need all of these? each folder is like 600 mb in size........

derajfast

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 24, 2004
or is there a way i could have the themes on an external drive and only use them when i need them off of there?

FFTT

macrumors 68030
Apr 17, 2004
A Stoned Throw From Ground Zero
When you run a custom OS install there is an option to deselect the iDVD thems along with printer drivers, language translators, games, iWork and MS Office demos, GarageBand demo songs and so on.

You can burn your copy of these folders to CD or DVD or just trash them and re-install later if they are needed.

If you really want to free up space, you can reduce Tiger's default install
from 12.5 GB down to around 7.4 GB doing a custom wipe and install.
The custom install option button appears in the lower left window a few steps into the install process.

Obviously you need to back up any important data before doing so.

derajfast

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 24, 2004
but if i deselct the idvd themes, how do i build an idvd project w/o them?

im getting a MBP soon, so when i boot up, sohuld i do a custom install right away?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.