iDVD Help ?? DVD Not working on PC

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by thebolt99, Feb 19, 2004.

1. thebolt99 macrumors newbie

I have burned about 4 DVD's now one with iDVD 2 and 3 with iDVD 4 all of them play on my Macs. A few play on my Sony DVD player but none of them play on a PC DVD ?? anyone know why ?? or how I can fix this. I need to send out a Promo that will run on a PC DVD ??

Thanks,
    TheBolt

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

My first suggestion would be to look on the Apple Support website for any PC compatibility settings to use with iDVD. My second suggestion is to check if your DVDs use QuickTime or other Apple components. To do this, install QuickTime on a test PC and try using the DVD again. If it now works, you know QuickTime was the cause/solution. Otherwise, I would post on Apple's discussion forums if no one here can help you further.

3. davebenton macrumors newbie

Works fine for me!

I've burned about a dozen DVD's with iDVD 4, and have played them back in a wide variety of decks, PC laptops and desktops, and of course my G4. Haven't had a hitch. Sometimes when starting to play a sequence on my Micron laptop there's a short "hang" while the buffer fills up, but then it plays just fine.

How old is your PC DVD drive? Is it capable of playing the disc format are you using - (-R, +R, -RW, +RW)?

4. Yarramalong macrumors newbie

I have burned about 4 DVD's now one with iDVD 2 and 3 with iDVD 4 all of them play on my Macs. A few play on my Sony DVD player but none of them play on a PC DVD ?? anyone know why ?? or how I can fix this. I need to send out a Promo that will run on a PC DVD ??

I have burned a dozen and more DVDs. No problems at all.
    :eek: