iDVD help needed!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Old Sniffer, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Old Sniffer macrumors newbie

Aug 23, 2005
    Ely, England
    Hope someone can help me with this!

I am trying to burn a DVD using Onestep facility on iDVD. At first attempt, the process got through about 50 minutes of a 60 minute DV tape and the iDVD error came up with "video capture unexpectedly quit. Do you want to burn the video already captured?".

I said yes and then iDVD quit!

On second attempt, the video capture did only about 10 minutes (from the start of the tape again) and then quit with the same error messages as above (except that I didn't say yes to burning the disc this time).

On third attempt, it did only 2 minutes and then quit, saying that there is not enough room on the (startup?) volume. When checking the status of the Macintosh HD, it said that I only have 498MB left on a 74.41GB internal HD!

I know that before beginning this process, I had roughly 30GB left on the HD.:confused:

My questions are:

1. How do I recover and delete the footage already stored to the HD on this project? How do I identify and locate the folder/s path where OneStep footage is kept?

2. How do I know if, when I come to do the process again, how to assess how much HD space is needed to burn a DVD from a 60 min DV tape? Is there some sort of ratio by which you can convert the number of minutes of DV tape footage into GB's required on the HD?

3. I have an external Lacie 500GB drive with about 420GB available space. Can I route the iDVD Onestep process through this drive? If so, how?

I have a 15.2" Powerbook G4 1.5GHz with 1.25GB of ram and am trying to burn 60mins DV onto a 4.7GB 16X speed Philips DVD-R disc.

Apologies in advance, if there are topics elsewhere on MR that cover this. If so, please point me to the best threads on this.

Any help gratefully received.

Many thanks.
  2. obrien234 macrumors regular

Apr 12, 2005
    Brighton, MI
    I don't know about all of your questions, but I suggest using Whatsize to find the larger files on your computer.
  3. Old Sniffer thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 23, 2005
    Ely, England