idvd help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by twoodcc, Mar 24, 2005.

1. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

i have a mac mini with combo drive. i made a movie with imovie, exported to idvd, and then burned to an image with idvd. the file fit on a cd-r, so i burned the image to the cd-r, and then i put it on my pc to burn to dvd. this worked, except the video had no sound. what am i doing wrong?

thanks in advance

2. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

When you mount the image on the Mini and play it in DVD Player, does it have sound?

3. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

i'll do it again and see. i know it had sound when i previewed it in idvd before i burned the image. i was wondering what exactly i need to do in idvd to burn to an image. or anything i need to know or do about sound?

4. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

would the amount of chapters have an effect on this? the file is very short. i seperated each scene and added a transition to each one and an effect. there are about 20 chapters.

5. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

The chapters shouldn't have an effect on this. As to the other question about burning to an image it depends on what version of iDVD you are using. In iDVD 5, there is an option in the File menu that says Burn to Disk Image or Save as Disk Image (not at my Mac so I can't check the exact phraisng). In iDVD 4 I beleive there was a trick that you had to use in order to get that as an option.

6. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

well i assume i have iDVD 5 b/c i just got my mini less than 2 weeks ago. i can only save as disk image - i don't have a superdrive.

well i made the disk image again, and i played it on the mini and there was sound! so what does this mean? i'm losing sound when i burn it to a cd in finder