iDVD image error - I think

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nbs2, Feb 10, 2006.

1. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

I have a DVD that I made - it runs almost 2 hours (118 min) - that I tried to burn last night. I encoded it using the "Best Quality" setting and let it burn through the night. 10 hours later (it's only a PB), it spat out the disc and said "image incomplete."

Does anybody have any experience with that warning? What exactly does that mean for me and my beloved DVD? Does ti mean that there is material missing? Does it mean that it couldn't create an image so the disc is a onetime deal (that's all I could find searching the internet)? If it only means that it cannot be copied, I can live with that. I have a backup plan to create a disc image and take the external to the parents and use their DL-Super to burn to disc.

2. w8ing4intelmacs macrumors 6502a

For some reason, iDVD formats "Best Quality" for a DL DVD. So, what's happening is that the disk image is too big for a SL DVD. There's no known solution yet, other than to reduce the length of your movie.

3. nbs2 thread starter macrumors 68030

nbs2

Hm. That's good to know. I guess I'll have to figure out a way around that. Thanks for the advice.