idvd plus video an picture slideshow

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by HugMnster, Oct 30, 2006.

1. HugMnster macrumors member

I have not tried this yet but I need to make a dvd with some footage from a news cast an also have a picture slideshow on the same dvd is possible. Just wondering if anythong has done this yet. What I have is 3 segments from news cast of some footage of stuff on our work from news on tv an then some pictures from one of the events. Before I put my foot in my mouth an promise something that I might not be able to carry out I want to find out if anyone has done this. I'm not going to put the whole 30 minute news cast on the dvd just one part from 3 different newscast an then like 250 to 300 pictures. The big event was our 30 year anniverary here at work.
    I need to put the newscast footage on a dvd at home , its on my dvr at the moment. I plan to send the dvr content to dvd disk an bring it in to work.
    I have captured video from my video cam an put out on dvd but never done both video an pictures before.

thanks

jack.

2. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

for the pictures do u plan on making a slideshow using iphoto...?
    i don't know if you can do a slideshow from iphoto and have video from imovie or whatever on it... prob you can.
    But since your adding video, why not do the slideshow in imovie then it will all be "video" and you'll just have multiple menus on the dvd...

3. HugMnster thread starter macrumors member

Now that you suggest this route I will try that when I get the footage from home here at work in next day or so. Thanks for the suggestion.

jack

4. apb3 macrumors regular

apb3

I've made DVDs in iDVD with both video and slideshows. I think I made an album in iPhoto of the photos I wanted included, did the video in iMovie then put it all together with iDVD.

One thing I remember is that the slideshow was limited to like 99 photos for some reason. I think the latest version fixed that but I haven't tried it.

Edit: oh yeah, the iDVD menu options made it look really slick too. Take time to explore those.

5. bowens macrumors 6502a

bowens

Yes, you can definitely do this using iPhoto. Just make a slideshow in iPhoto, then in iDVD add media and select that slideshow from iPhoto.

6. HugMnster thread starter macrumors member

thanks to all who replied. I will give it a try when I get the new cast footage onto dvd at home an brought into office. Hope to do that tonight but who knows with wife being gone tonight an me stuck with three year old I might not be able to do so. I want to be able to hand this out to our employees but did not want to promise something that I could not keep.

jack