iDvd Problem...UGH

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by latisha1903, May 5, 2006.

1. latisha1903 macrumors member

latisha1903

On my last two attempts to burn a dvd using idvd I've gotten all the way to "encoding audio" before the program stopped working. you can imagine how fustrating this is..

i really need to burn a dvd for my aunt and her cousin.

but idvd goes so far before it just "stops responding" and its always at the very last...process movies...the bar gets more than half way finished...to encoding audio and then bam...left with nothing..

do i have a glitch? what is it!? anyone else had this problem? and what can i do because i really need to burn some dvds today..and idvd makes me want to throw my Mac out the window..itsthe reason i bought this computer...

any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. psxnet macrumors newbie

Try and give us some details on what is happening and even more importantly what you are doing leading up to the crash.

What type of video files are you using as source material?
    Does the problem happen with specific files or all files?
    If it is only happening with specific files, you may want to re-encode/re-capture/convert them as needed and see if that helps. (by repairing broken files ideally)

3. latisha1903 thread starter macrumors member

latisha1903

I'm so illiterate when it comes to those things. All I can really say is that I'm taking footage straight off my DV cam and done some simple editing in imovie and then straight to idvd.

i went to apple website (which i should have done first) and found that the exact place where i'm having my problem was on the help site. it told me to insert some audio anywhere in the time line..becuase i was getting the error of...

error during rendering/encoding..

so i've restarted the process and if it doesn't work them time..i'm so thru...

4. latisha1903 thread starter macrumors member

latisha1903

It won't freaking WORK! It gets down to the audio file and idvd stops responding!!!

i get the same message

encoding video: error during rendering/encoding

damn!

5. Dahl macrumors 6502a

6. MacAficionado macrumors 6502

Do you have any MP3 file that may be corrupted in the timeline or even the Main Menu music?

I bet you that's what it is.