iDVD Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Jen5678, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Jen5678 macrumors regular

Hey everyone,

I've been trying to burn a dvd in iDVD all day. I've burned this thing 4 times and every time when you skip through the chapters the last chapter has no sound, and when you play the whole movie the last chapter plays the sound but no video? I'm very confused because it is playing perfect in iMovie. Has this ever happened to anyone before, or does anyone know how it can be fixed.

Thanks,
    Jen :)

2. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

Is this in a DVD player or on your mac that its doing this? If its a DVD player, it might just be having problems with the burned disk.

3. Jen5678 thread starter macrumors regular

Both,

I tried it on a dvd player, and on my computer

4. Bear macrumors G3

My suggestion would be to delete that section from iMovie and adding it back in.

What format is the source video in for each chapter?

5. Jen5678 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm not sure if I'm answering this right. But I just imported the video from my camera?

6. Jen5678 thread starter macrumors regular

do you think there is not enough room on the dvd?

7. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

I would think there would be safeguards against this, but see if this applies to you: If you set iDVD to encode your movie in the background, but clicked "burn" before it was done encoding you'd get an unfinished disk. Like I said, I would guess there would be safeguards against that (a popup that says HEY, I'M NOT READY YET! or something like that) but you never know.

It really does sound like somehow iDVD didn't encode all your assets. Try burning it again.

If you're using iDVD 05 you can have it "burn" to a disk image. That is a good way to make sure your DVD will behave without risking a DVD-R.

8. Bear macrumors G3

From what I read there was either video or audio depending on how they got to chapter 4 on the DVD. So I'd say it was all there..Sounds like a possible iMovie fault., hence my suggestion to deleted and reinsert chapter 4.

9. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

Aargh. I just re-read the original post and I think I went off on a tangent before and shut down the part of my brain that pays attention.

Since it plays all the way through, but not when skipped, it definitely is all encoded. Ignore most of what I said before.

But since the movie plays in iMovie I would tend to blame something on the iDVD end...I just don't know what. Then again--we're talking about an iMovie file with chapters and I've sometimes had troubles with chapters.

Are you importing your iMovie project into iDVD, or do you export the iMovie to dv first and import that into iDVD? I've had some troubles before unless I exported to dv first.

10. Jen5678 thread starter macrumors regular

ok, I'll try it again tonight, and let you all know how it worked out.

Thanks! :D

Jen