iDVD problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nickd06, May 23, 2006.

1. nickd06 macrumors member

So i made a movie in iMovie HD and now i am trying to burn it to a dvd and i get the message

The error #-34502 was reported…

what does that mean? I have 2 macs and they both have this same thing, one is a laptop and the other a powermac g5...i can't figure out the problem...any help would be greatly appreciated

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

So does this error pop up when you click burn or when you import the project into iDVD? If it's the former, then maybe have a peruse through Apple's troubleshooting page. :)

3. nickd06 thread starter macrumors member

well i import it, and then i mess around with the dvd menu thing and then i will click burn, it encodes everything and does all the steps up until the "burn" step and then it says there were errors and it gives me that message...what do you think?

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I don't really use iDVD so I can't be much more help, but did anything on the page I linked to stick out for you? :)

5. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

I would try some random .mov files in iDVD to see if you get the same error message.

BTW, are you using "Best Performance" or "Best Quality"?

6. nickd06 thread starter macrumors member

well it was on best performance...it came up with the same thing for the other option as well...i have music in the background and it is an .aiff format, that is the only possible thing i tcan think of...

7. bootedbear macrumors 6502

bootedbear

As a work-around you could "burn" it to a disk image and then use Disk Utility to burn the DVD.

8. bagleyb macrumors member

I had the same thing happening this weekend. It was a movie I had originally created in iMove '05 and upgraded to '06. I'm not in front of my iMac right now, so some of the steps may be off, but here's what worked for me.

BTW, burning to an image caused the same error before these steps.

In iDVD, get to the advanced tools. There's a tab that has radio buttons for best performance and best quality. I changed it from one to the other, and then back again. In the lower pane, you'll see your movie begin to start re-encoding. I think there's also a check box on there for encode in the background. Once it finished re-encoding, it burned fine for me the first time I tried.

There may have been an option to re-encode, or maybe even right click on the movie, and select re-encode. I'll check when I get home. You'll see a scroll bar moving left to right once you get the right option.

9. nickd06 thread starter macrumors member

thanks for the help i will try that method and let you know how it goes