Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Harry K.

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 1, 2003
North Carolina
My project on iDVD (IT CERTAINLY DOES NOT EXCEED -ONLY TWENTY MINS LONG) will not burn! It says Project Exceeds Limits and shows under the status menu:
DVD Capacity: 8589934594.8GB all the way full.

WHAT DO I DO???? Please, it's urgent!

whenpaulsparks

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2004
Tallahassee, FL
that number is almost exactly (off by only a few) from the size of 2 32-bit integer values, maybe that's a long float? i am not sure of the sizes of the variables, but yeah, that's an underflow error it looks like. basically when a number exceeds (or goes below) the range a variable can hold, it will start over at the min (or max, in this case) value it can hold. 2 to the 33rd power, or 2 32-bit registers, would give that number. try creating the project from scratch, and if it still does it, submit the problem to apple.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Harry K. said:
My project on iDVD (IT CERTAINLY DOES NOT EXCEED -ONLY TWENTY MINS LONG) will not burn! It says Project Exceeds Limits and shows under the status menu:
DVD Capacity: 8589934594.8GB all the way full.

WHAT DO I DO???? Please, it's urgent!
Aren't you going to have to split the file to fit it onto two 4.7 GB DVDs?

stevehaslip

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2004
The Ocean Floor
I think i'm right in saying that you can only fit 3 minutes of full dv quality video onto one cdr, but i don't do much video work so i can't say for sure. I can't see why it wouldn't fit though there must be a problem somewhere along the lines. :confused:

Fender2112

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2002
Charlotte, NC
I had a the same thing happen to me once. It was quicker to redo the project than futz around trying to figure out how to fix it. I assumed it to be a corrupted project file and just started over. Probablly not what you want to hear. But sometimes starting over is the path of least resistance. :)

Good Luck

whenpaulsparks

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2004
Tallahassee, FL
people, notice that it says 8 BILLION GIGABYTES, not 8 BILLION BYTES. its an underflow error, not something he can do about it. 8 billion gigabytes = 2 billion DVD-R discs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.