iDVD Rendering/Burning Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bowens, Jun 26, 2006.

1. bowens macrumors 6502a

bowens

I'm trying to burn a movie I created on my Intel Mini. I've got all of the menus done and told it to burn to dvd. The first time it went through rendering the menus then when it got to rendering the movie it froze. So I did a force quit and started it again. This time I left it and when I came back the dvd had popped out and it said it was finished. So I popped it in my dvd player and it would not play. I thought mayble my dvd player wouldn't play DVD+R so I went to my inlaws, Nothing. So I put it back in my mini. It said there was nothing on the disk. So then I tried to make a disk image and got the same problem as the first time. Anybody else had anything like this?

2. bowens thread starter macrumors 6502a

bowens

Hello? Nobody out there has every had this problem?

3. bowens thread starter macrumors 6502a

bowens

It did the same thing twice again last night. It gets through encoding the menu and as soon as it starts to render the movie it hangs and I have to do a force quit. Last night I started it about 5:30 then left and didn't come back until about 9:30 and it was stuck on rendering movie.

4. Grasbak macrumors 6502

I was having problems burning through iDVD but it was after the burn had started.

Making a disk image and burning using disk utility worked for me but I dont suppose that will help you as it gets stuck before the burn starts.

5. bowens thread starter macrumors 6502a

bowens

Well I did get it to work last night. I don't know how long it took but I just left it over night and when I got up this morning it was finished. I guess I'll just do them overnight from now on.

6. JDRomero macrumors newbie

Same Problem

I'm having the exact same problem i made a DVD for my girlfriend with slideshow, videos, music almost 2GB the dvd with menu and everything.

when it comes tu burn it begins well i process the menus fine but when it come to BURN it ejects my dvd and never burns anything,and if i use another app to burn the dvd i get an error don't know why?

right now i'm creating a disc image and try to burn it with disc utility hope that works