Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

laidbackliam

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2006
i'm trying to use iMovie and iDvd to take video's from iMovie and put them in a menu so i can burn a dvd for friends.

BUT, i'm having trouble. idvd seems to not be able to let you change the name of the file. and since iMovie saves things in .dv while working on them, the menu comes up as saying "now playing sepia tone 3.dv". kind of annoying.

any help?

Texas04

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2005
Texas
laidbackliam said:
i'm trying to use iMovie and iDvd to take video's from iMovie and put them in a menu so i can burn a dvd for friends.

BUT, i'm having trouble. idvd seems to not be able to let you change the name of the file. and since iMovie saves things in .dv while working on them, the menu comes up as saying "now playing sepia tone 3.dv". kind of annoying.

any help?

Make sure you are in the "edit" mode in iDVD and none of your menus are playing (this can be stopped by pushing the lil guy on the bottom) and than if you click once on the menu title, you can change the name. I havent mastered it but its somewhere inbetween a single click and a full out double click... But it is do-able.. play around with the clicking on the name and it should work... Sorry I cant be more specific. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.