iDVD5 Disk Image longer then 2 hours

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by arcobb, Aug 30, 2005.

1. arcobb macrumors regular

Is it possible to make a disk image longer then 2 hours on a computer that only has a regular superdrive (not a DL Superdrive)? I've tried this and idvd comes up with a message that says my project exceeds the maximum allowed content duration. and then won't let me proceed. Is there a work around for this?

I'm working on a project that is longer then 2 hours and I'd like to have the idvd menus and then compress the video down (using something like popcorn) to have all the video fit on one disc. I know something similar to this is possible for example when you make a back-up of a movie with toast, popcorn and the like? But I'd like to make the disk image of a idvd project instead.

Can anyone help me?

Attached Files:

2. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

Good question. It would be nice to be able to use iDVD to create a disk image with video_ts files that is longer than 2 hours. One could then use popcorn or dvd2onex to compress their own movie and fit it on one dvd. I would love to get a dl-dvd burner but the media is too expensive to make it worth it right now.

3. arcobb thread starter macrumors regular

You hit the nail on the head!

That is exactly what I would like to do... make a disk image that has the video_ts files and then use popcorn (or you favorite compression program) to make it compress it down. It is my understanding a mac with a DL Superdrive can do this. So I wonder if there is some way to trick idvd into thinking you have have a DL drive. There has to be somekind of config file or something or maybe some terminal unix magic... anyone who can help with this I will consider you to be the all time mac guru second to only Steve himself!

4. arcobb thread starter macrumors regular

anyone?

Anyone have any ideas how to get around this??