IE 5.2.2 - weird text problems

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by ja0912, Sep 27, 2002.

1. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I've had those kind of things happening ever since the first release of Internet Exploder for Mac OS X. I even have full pages which come up blank repeatedly. Apparently, their rendering engine is so fast that you can't even see the text as it goes by. :)

Edit: It seems that I can't spell either. :(

2. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

So I'm not the only one? Good. You'd think that by now M$ could spend a little time and fix this annoying problem! I can't believe they haven't addressed this.

3. Choppaface macrumors 65816

resize your window. and I've gotten that in non-IE apps (photoshop, AI quite a bit), so it can't be all the IE dev's fault. OSX still is quite buggy

4. ja0912 thread starter macrumors member

maybe, maybe not

A resize may help, I'm not sure. But this was happens when I select text. As it has to redraw for each new character selected, the missing text appears and some other text disppears. So if I select a sentence, my whole screen does a dance... then stops when I stop, with whichever words that were missing last, missing. Gives me a headache. :confused:

5. Falleron macrumors 68000

Falleron

I had many many re-draw problems with IE in OSX. I got fed up and moved to Netscape 7 (no screen draw problems). I was astonished how much quicker it was! I'll never go back. Why not give it a go? I dont reckon you will regret it.